The All-Russian Congress of AdvocatesThe highest governing body of the Federal Chamber of Lawyers is the All-Russian Congress of Advocates
The Congress is convened at least once in two years. All regional chambers of advocates have equal rights and equal representation in the Congress. Each bar chamber has one vote in making decisions regardless of the number of its representatives.
The Congress is deemed competent if representatives of at least two thirds of regional chambers of advocates of the regions of Russia take part in its work.
The All-Russian Congress of Advocates is the highest governing body of the Russian Federal Chamber of Lawyers of Russia and is convened at least once in two years. Each chamber of advocates has one vote in making decisions.
The All-Russian Congress of Advocates:
- adopts the Advocate’s Professional Code of Conduct, approves amendments and additions to it;
- forms the Council of the Russian Federal Chamber of Lawyers;
- determines the amount of allowances for general needs of the Russian Federal Chamber of Lawyers paid by regional chambers of advocates based on the size of the chamber;
- approves reports of the Council of the Russian Federal Chamber of Lawyers;
- elects members of the audit commission of the Russian Federal Chamber of Lawyers for a term of two years and approves its report on the results of financial and business activity of the Russian Federal Chamber of Lawyers;
- exercises other functions provided by the Federal Law “On Advocate’s Activity and the Bar in the Russian Federation” and the Charter of the Russian Federal Chamber of Lawyers.
"On the practice of law and the legal profession in the Russian Federation"
Charteron the fundamental principles of advocate’s activity
Done at VI St. Petersburg International Legal Forum
International Principles on Social Media Conduct for the Legal Profession
Adopted on 24 May 2014 by the International Bar Association